Thursday, October 23, 2014

REACHING BACK TO JUNE 2014 .....     REFRESH

Yup - it's been that kind of month.  Still working on purging excess items in my closet, drawers, garage, kitchen.  UGH!

Had the first ever Merry Hearts Lifegroup after church the first Sunday in June.  My son and his family came along with a former country/western singer and his wife.  What fun we had listening to Gaither DVDs and then trying out the songs ourselves!

I'm still working on data entry on Mondays at my church - and still teaching ESL on Sunday mornings and Monday evenings.  It's really fun to be back in the saddle of teaching again.  I left most of all my resources in Hong Kong so I'm searching frantically online and through my books - plus ordering textbooks.  Thank goodness for friends at ULI in Tulsa who are clueing me in to good texts for beginners.  We have a new student - a Spanish lady who's been in the US over 20 years.  Makes the class lots more fun to have more students.  I hope someday we can have a real school - but I'm getting ahead of myself!

This month is a great one for reunions of sort.  I started out to my family reunion in South Texas and made some fun stops on the way down - and back.  First I stopped in Temple to visit my friend Kay Bacon.  We had breakfast before I left in a fun shop where she found this sign:

                                      
After breakfast, I drove to Marble Falls where I met up with Janie - another AAA friend.  We had lunch at the Bluebonnet Cafe and then I was off to San Marcos. This is a photo of Janie and me but NOT at the Bluebonnet Cafe.

Then it was on to San Marcos to spend the night with my long time friend Trisha and her sweet husband Ralph.  They raise miniature donkeys and Ralph makes stuff.  Like bird feeders and yard flowers - oh yes, I'm all over that for when I get home!


Next I drove to my hometown of Angleton where I met up with the 3rd AAA friend, Kathy Duncan.  She's the beauty in purple glasses in this photo - we were talking and visiting too hard and fast to take photos that day.
Out in the country outside Angleton lives my cousin Anne.  We were joined by cousin Robert from Little Rock, Ark. and the Zilch began.  Each person in this goofy game gets 6 dice - look at the ones they gave ME!  (I still won - most!)  You can tell from the photo below that we are ALL smart! Right? 
This is a photo of me with my precious Aunt Cooter.  She's in her 80's and is one of my favoritest people!  The other photo is loads of cousins - some don't look very happy but we DID have fun!  My son and his family drove all the way from Denton, TX to join us - and then headed back late that night!

I drove up to Huntsville to stay overnight with Janice - #4 of the AAA girls.  I got to see all of them but sweet Shirley - this is Janice but not at her house.  We didn't take any pictures that visit - too busy yakking!
I got home Sunday night late and just have to say - WHEW!  Best part of the trip (almost) was finding out about PALEO - thanks Kay Bacon!

That week my BFF Linda came from OKC and we shopped and played and had a blast.  Linda headed off home early on Saturday the 21st of June and I started packing.  BIG THINGS going on this month.

On Sunday the 22nd, I taught my class, went to church and then to the airport.  I've been blessed to be a part of the ICRS (International Christian Retailers Show) by my publishers - Evergreen Press.  I didn't get to Atlanta until 5ish that afternoon and by the time I took the train and walked all over town, I got to my hotel at 8:45!  I dumped stuff and ran over (not really ran - more like limped) to the convention center where my great friend Donna was waiting with .... MY BOOKS!  
I got there too late for registration but Donna had arrived earlier so she picked up the books.  I am IN AWE of how beautiful this is! WOW!  We heard Phil Robertson - and Alan - of Duck Dynasty and I finally got to bed long after midnight!

The next morning, I was racing over to the convention center to get registered when I ran into ... yeah he fooled me too!  Name's John Morgan and he's a "W" impersonator!  Nice guy!   
                                                          
I also "ran into" Mart Green - of Hobby Lobby and Mardel's.  I got to tell him a big thank you for bailing out "our" university (Oral Roberts University in Tulsa).  Sure would love to have my book in your store, Mart!

My publisher's booth was right across from the Charisma BUS - talk about good location!  It was gloriously fun - I signed/gave away 100 books in 2 hours!  That's Brian Banashak, owner of Evergreen over my shoulder.  I'm BLESSED!

Left: Don Piper, author of "Ninety Minutes in Heaven"  Right:  the developers of the new movie "Let the Lion Roar."  I also got to meet Rick Renner, author of "Sparkling Gems from the Greek" - one of my heroes.  WHAT A GREAT EXPERIENCE!  Thank you, Lord for this - and thank you Evergreen Press for having faith in me!






No comments:

Post a Comment